ATA Responsible Travel Policy
Being a responsible eco tour operator is at the heart of what ACTIVETRAVEL ASIA (ATA) is all about. From the start, we have been committed to offering low-impact tours that benefit traveler and host alike. We work with local communities, businesses and individuals to develop sustainable tourism opportunities that help local economies while minimizing negative environmental and cultural impacts.
Responsible Tourism Practices of ATA as a member of Responsible Travel Club of Vietnam:
ATA commits to sustainable development and management of Tourism
1. We commit to work towards developing, operating and marketing tourism in a sustainable manner; ie. tourism which makes a positive contribution to the natural and cultural environment, which generate benefits for the host communities, and which do not put at risk the future livelihood of local people.
2. We believe that we can be important contributors to Sustainable Tourism Development. We will strive to anticipate and prevent economic, environmental, social and cultural degradation. We will work towards integrating these considerations into our operations and activities.
3. We recognise that tourism can contribute to the viability of local economies, and that tourism can have negative impacts on the economy, environment, nature, social structures and local cultures. In the long-term interest of host communities and our industry, we will endeavour to prevent or minimise these impacts.
4. We are committed to complying with local, national and international laws and regulations applicable to our business activities.
5. We oppose and actively discourage illegal, abusive or exploitative forms of tourism.
6. We are committed to a continual attempt to improve our performance in the context of sustainable development and management of tourism.
7. We will manage and monitor the environmental, cultural and social impacts of our activities.
8. We will strive to pursue best practice in all our activities - internally and when forming business relationships with partners, suppliers and sub-contractors.
9. We are committed to reducing, minimizing and preventing pollution and waste (e.g. solid and liquid waste, emissions to air).
10. We are committed to conserving plants, animals, ecosystems and protected areas (biodiversity).
11. We are committed to conserving landscapes, cultural and natural heritage, respecting the integrity of local cultures and avoiding negative effects on social structures.
12. We are committed to involving, and co-operating with, local communities and people
13. We are committed to using local products and skills wherever practicable.
14. We will encourage our partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to improve their contribution to sustainable development and management of tourism, and will work with them and share information to assist in this.
15. We will seek greater co-operation within the tourism industry and between this industry and the public sector in order to further Sustainable Tourism.
ATA commits to promote public awareness and activities on responsible tourism
1. We will endeavour in our public communication and advertising to promote behaviour and activities compatible with the principles of sustainable development and management of tourism.
2. We shall encourage and seek to co-operate with national and local authorities, local communities, or any other interested party, to develop and implement the integrated planning and management of destinations in order to preserve the quality and sustainability of these destinations.